Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Long Memorial Day weekend.

Wow that weekend went fast and I didn't get things finished as usual LOL. I am kinda glad to go back to work and get a bit of a rest! The coop run project was in trouble right off the bat. I did all my pricing online and got my budget for the run. I even took pics of the items at Lowes so I could find them easier. The shelf was empty but a young man working found more above the shelves. They pulled it down and instead of 19 gauge wire it was just plain chicken wire. I love how many times you have to explain why you don't want chicken wire for you chicken coops and runs!! So now I had to scramble to find better wire. It was all so expensive. I saw a roll of wire that was 6ftx50ft and bought that and the rest of the things on my list. I got home and started constructing the run. I was finally ready to start putting the wire on and when I went to open the wire I noticed that the wire was kind of soft and bent with little effort. I looked at the label better and saw it was 14 gauge wire ughhh! So needless to say the coop did not get finished this weekend. I am taking back the wire to Lowes and ordered the correct stuff from Amazon and it will be here Thursday. 






The greenhouse is going so well I am really pleased about that! My Huglekulter bank is now mulched and I hope that will help the young plants stay watered better and help with erosion. I have some more seeds to plant still and more plants I started from seeds to plant also. It is all coming together tho and looks good so far. I also barely avoided stepping on a rattlesnake yesterday and we had our fourth bear visit in as many weeks. We are buying a shotgun this weekend... can you say bear jerky??


Sawyers Susquehanna Aquaponics Farm/279806145502988 

No comments:

Post a Comment